Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Decision Made

I am starting this new blog to document our expected move to Australia in 2007. I will be doing a lot of research about Australia in the coming year and a half in the hopes of preparing for a new life in this country.

Perhaps I am assuming too much. Maybe my wife and I are getting ahead of ourselves by committing ourselves like this. Nevertheless, we have many good reasons for going there, including the opportunity to go to school again (hopefully resulting in a professor's job or something in the educational technology industry). I will talk about these reasons and other sources of inspiration in this blog.

Also, for the first time, I hope to get other people to contribute to this journal. I know of a few people who live there who could maybe give us some answers to the biggest questions we have about Australia. And if they would like to pass this blog address to any other people who could help, that would be great.

The decision to go to Australia has been made, and that is the first step. Now comes the research and planning for our actual move. Then, hopefully in early 2007, we will go there and begin the next step in our lives. If any family or friends have thoughts about our move, I hope they contribute, as well. So here goes.

No worries, right, mate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home