Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A number of updates

The other day, I received an email regarding the Australia - New Zealand Education Fair at COEX in Seoul. I can apply to UTS and U of Sydney there and save the application fee.

This morning, I went to the Australian Embassy, but I got few solid answers about anything I didn't already know.

This afternoon, I called my Uncle Allan in New Zealand. I am strongly considering a vacation in Australia this December, and I wanted to find out if it would be worthwhile to go to New Zealand, as well. Alas, Allan and Joy are planning a trip to Antartica.

Anyway, I want to go to Sydney and get a feel for the city. I think that having a mental image of the city will motivate me to do whatever possible to move down there.

I probably should say that living there permanently is no guarantee at this point. Australia can be a tough nut to crack as far as getting permanent residence. And we will probably spend most of our savings living there that first year. But after I went through that moment of worry a couple days ago, Heather made it very clear that she wants to live there. She's willing to risk starting all over. I must admit that I admire her fortitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home