Sunday, April 09, 2006

Delay in our plan

Last week, I pulled a little April Fool's prank by saying our plan to go to Australia had been cancelled. Consequently, people might think this next bit of news is a leftover prank, but it isn't. As of now, we are most likely going to delay our move to Perth until July 2007.

I just signed my final JLS contract the other day, and I got thinking about the money I would be passing up by leaving three months early next February. There's the contract completion bonus, the bonus for not taking a vacation, and the airfare, not to mention three months of salary. Add it all up and that's better than $20 000 I'd be giving up to leave early.

There really is no reason I couldn't go to Australia a few months later. The program I wish to study has a mid-year intake (starting late July). As well, Renee will only be eligible for kindergarten in 2007, so she could begin that anytime.

The added bonus out of all this is it will give us a chance to do a little travelling before we move down to Perth. We have already discussed the possibility of visiting Canada and maybe even Europe. We will have May and June completely open, so why not?

Anyway, it seems fairly certain that we will delay our move by a few months, and have a bit of fun before settling down in the land of Oz. Yep, plans are always subject to change, but that's why I keep this blog -- to track our plans and see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home