Saturday, April 01, 2006

An unfortunate change of plans

Well, a development has taken place since my last post that has, unfortunately, led us to change our minds about moving to Australia.

The school I was planning to attend, Edith Cowan University in Perth, has just announced that they are no longer accepting international students. They said that "too many foreigners" have been coming to Perth, and the locals have been complaining about it for the past five years. Basically, if I want to ever attend ECU (or any other university in Perth), I must first move to Australia and find work -- probably as a fruit picker in the local wineries -- and then apply for permanent residence after three years. Then I can apply for university as a local resident.

I can't believe this!

So now, it looks like we will be staying in Korea forever.

Fair BLOODY dinkum, mate. NOT

;-)

3 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Phil, That is awful news. I do have an alternate plan for you though, COME HOME!.

Sue

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Phil said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is true though, I go to UWA and when I eat my lunch in the cafe I notice less than 50% are actually Australian! Australian Universities should exist to educate Australians first and foremost, International services should NOT dominate the agenda, they should be only a small part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home