Thursday, October 13, 2005

Other program options

When completing an application for post-graduate study at UTS and USydney, one can apply for two programs. If the first program isn't available, then you are considered for the second choice.

I've been trying to determine what my second choices would be, and I've decided that TESOL should be my other option (in addition to the E-learning programs). After all, I've been teaching ESL/EFL for 10 years now without official qualifications. It couldn't hurt to have the certification in my back pocket.

University of Sydney has a Master of Education/TESOL that can be completed in one year.

UTS similarly offers the Master of Arts in TESOL that can be completed in one to one-and-a-half years.

In fact, I might do a reverse course application at the two schools: At UTS, I might apply for e-learning first, while at USydney, I might apply for TESOL first. Then I'll have a choice of programs if I'm accepted at both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home