Monday, October 31, 2005

The education fair

Earlier today, I attended the Australia-New Zealand Education Fair at COEX in Seoul. It turned out to be very productive, as I learned about a few other schools that offer programs that interest me, with the added bonus of cheaper cost of living.

I'm talking mainly about the city of Perth, which is on the west coast of Australia. Perth is the fourth largest city in Australia, but it is isolated from most other urban centres in the country. I think this makes the state of Western Australia a little more forgiving for foreign residents than, say New South Wales; the cost of living is apparently much less than in Sydney, and the kids might even be able to attend school for free while I do a degree program. I still need to look into the particulars on that last part, but that savings of close to $16 000 suddenly moves Perth to the top of my destinations list.

I spoke with representatives from the University of Western Australia (in Perth), University of Sydney, Queensland University of Technology, University of Melbourne, Swinburne University of Technology, and Edith Cowan University (which also happens to be located in Perth). So I opened my mind to other possible locations in Australia that have equally top-notch programs, and this made the fair completely worthwhile for me.

Edit: Ah, yes... here it is: fee information for dependants of post-graduate students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home